Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Last time I create a Back Bone!

Urg, who would have known creating a new backbone for Shields Down would have been so time-consuming! Goes to show that I really should code for exansion, and not for static like I did 5-6 odd years ago. My previous table was hidious, and didn't contain half the player market items that were available, and every time it detected there was an 'unknown item', I had to manually insert it. Worse then that, I decided to have a compound key - one for the category, and one for the type (so I could order it better). Lets just say that I am never going down that road again.

So, what have I done for the past month? Well, a new table layout meaning that the Player Market is now working and up to date, giving what items people are selling, and at what price. There is also a history page and graphs to show the history and average the items sells at. Its worth a look to see how much you should sell an item for.

It also means I can now 'detach' the user accounts. Before an account was so tied into the PHP, that even if I created a new column part of the site would crash! So, now, happily, I can expand faster, easier, and also better then before.

Just a heads up, I will be on holiday starting Thursday -> tba, so all withdrawal requests will be held.

Well, I know it doesn't look like I have done much to the surface, but a lot has been done to the spine. I hope you will see the benefits sooner then later :)


Shields Down

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home